HOPE & RESTORATION THROUGH JESUS CHRIST
WHO WE ARE
Visalia Rescue Mission is a faith-based, non-profit organization. We serve the local community by providing programs, shelters and meals to homeless men, women and children. Our Life Change Academy is a 12-month residential recovery program which includes free room, board, curriculum, counseling, and work experience for men and women.
We are funded entirely by donations from local organizations, businesses and individuals.
Established in 1981, we represent the Church to the Tulare/Kings County homeless, the formerly incarcerated, and those suffering with addiction.
We strive daily to:
- Minister the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Serve the total needs of the resident.
- Make disciples in Jesus Christ.
- Prepare residents for return to societal living and become assets to the community.
- Strengthen ties with area evangelical churches and give them opportunities to reach out to the needy on an on-going basis.
- Cooperate with other agencies and organizations (i.e. Tulare County Drug Court, Probation Departments, State Prisons, County Jails) to alleviate hunger, homelessness and substance abuse. This will in no way prohibit or compromise our goal of professing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.